This is such a great recipe for those evenings that you don’t have a ton of time but you want something yummy and healthy. The meal should only take 30 – 40 minutes total, depending on how well you like your salmon cooked.
Start off by tearing off a few foil sheets that are about double the size of your salmon pieces. This will be their pouch to sizzle and create a great juice while cooking. Lay each piece of your salmon on the foil and slice 3 pieces of lemon to lay on top and squeeze about 2 tablespoons of fresh juice over each piece. I like to dot the salmon with 2 small cubes of butter to add a little flavor and create more juice while in the pouch. Once that’s added go ahead and add as much salt and pepper as you like. Fold the foil in the tent shape and pinch in all edges to close out the air.
Toss in the oven, bake for 30 mins and done! So easy right? Here’s the finished product.
For a quick vegetable addition to the meal, try these roasted brussel sprouts and tomatoes. Start by trimming the bottoms off your brussel sprouts and slicing in halves. Add those to a medium sized bowl along with the tomatoes and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and minced garlic. My hubby is not one for spicy food but if you like a little heat like me, add in a shake or two of red pepper flakes. Once the veggies are tossed in the EVOO, arrange on a cookie sheet and bake for 7-8 minutes on 400 degrees. They’ll come out with a slight crunch and a beautiful brown tint. The tomatoes remain soft on the inside and are delicious. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 Salmon fillets
- 2 Lemons
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- 1 Container brussels Sprouts
- 1 Small container of cherry tomatoes
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 2 Teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Prep each piece of salmon on a piece of foil with lemon juice, lemon slices, butter and seasonings
- Fold over the foil to create a tent shape and fold in the sides to close out any air
- Bake the salmon for 30 mins on 350 degrees
- In a medium sized bowl toss the halved brussels sprouts, the cherry tomatoes, and the minced garlic clove with the olive oil
- Add a few dashes of sea salt and heavy black pepper
- Arrange the veggies on a cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 7-8 minutes tossing after the first 5 minutes to make sure all sides are roasted.